East Lothian School Librarians
Dunbar Grammar School, Preston Lodge, Knox Academy and Ross High
- Looking at in service day – presentation to illustrate the lack of IL skills many students have and how it impacts on their ability to complete tasks well
- Approached by staff to work with them to help students organise work and research
- History work with Advanced Higher students – helping senior pupils who often struggled to research extended essays for Higher History.
- RME PT has been bringing his Intermediate class to the Library for a period a week to research and write up an investigation – used Mind Genius to assist students to plan their research and organise their findings.
- Physics teacher Intermediate 1 class to use Mind Genius to build revision notes
- intention to book them into the Library once a month to update their maps
- should be feasible to work on the higher order critical skills as part of these processes.
2009 – see latest activities Literacy across learning in East Lothian